Friday, April 4, 2008

Unusual Calm.

I can't really speak for Billy on this, but a lot of people have mentioned to me that I seem unusually laid back about our upcoming wedding (in nine days!). There are lots of details yet to be finalized - in fact one of my bridesmaids has yet to purchase a dress for the wedding (last I heard, anyway) - but it seems like Billy and I are calming down the people around us more than anything else.

I dunno. I guess it's a matter of there being plenty of other drama in our lives without having to add a wedding to that, too. Planning a wedding should be fun! And if it isn't, we must be doing something wrong. That's been our philosophy throughout the entire process, from the day my mom called to tell me she'd read in the local paper that all the Sandbar weddings had been canceled after last November to trying to figure out how to have a rehearsal dinner for 20 people with a budget of $300.

Everything's gotten done with what feels like a minimum of effort, and I just KNOW writing that out loud is going to come back and bite me before all is said and done. I guess that just epitomizes our relationship with each other - take it easy and everything will be alright.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Everything will just be perfect. Our rehearsal dinner location closed a few weeks before our wedding. Our solution- a local pizza place. Totally different vibe, but everyone seemed to have a good time.

Sounds like you have a good outlook on everything. And there's no point in stressing over the things that you can't control.