Friday, April 11, 2008

2 days to go...

So this is our view from the villa, and I'm sitting out here on our back porch admiring it while Siggi gets ready to go pick up Erica from the airport. The sound of ocean waves is soothing, and it's easy to forget all the little things that really don't need to get done, after all. Later I'll have a martini out here, and that will be nice.

Tonight all the bridal party will have arrived to the villa, and we're planning a Great Cookout of lemon and garlic-grilled salmon, shrimp and zucchini skewers, rice, and caesar salad, plus a champagne toast to the folks that helped us get here. I'm looking forward to another evening in the hot tub with good friends and the moon and stars above us.

Yesterday I bought myself a new camera to replace the one that broke last year, when we came down to investigate potential wedding spots. This was a bit of an upgrade and I finally bought myself the digital SLR I've been coveting for years. You can expect tons of new photos in the next few days, I'm sure. Be on the lookout.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Have fun playing with the new camera! What kind did you get? Can't wait to see lots of pictures. Sorry I can't be there to celebrate with you.