Monday, May 19, 2008

He's Slick.

We've been waiting for our marriage certificate to arrive for five weeks and one day, not that anyone is counting. Upon checking the mail on the way home tonight, my heart absolutely dropped when all I found was a couple of solicitations from some assemblyman looking for my vote. Another day, another disappointment.

When I came upstairs, I showed Billy the pile of disappointing mail and he suggested we put on some music to console ourselves. He specifically suggested I use my computer so we could hear something a little different. Got over to my computer and it wasn't until after I lifted up the screen of my laptop that I saw... a piece of paper! With a raised seal and signature! Saying that YES! We are in fact married! The state of Florida says so!

Oddly enough, it had occurred to me that maybe Billy had taken ONLY the marriage certificate out of the mailbox to trick me, but I dismissed it, thinking he would not be so manipulative. I guess I have underestimated my husband. Touche.

Good news is that now we (well, I) can finally start the name change process and fully become a Regan. Lord help us all.

No comments: