Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bridesmaid Gifts.

I wanted something personal and unique to give to my girls to thank them for everything they did for us throughout the time leading up to the wedding. After giving it quite a bit of thought, I came up with the idea of custom-designed t-shirts to wear on the rehearsal day as well as personalized mix CDs consisting of songs that suited the day. For the final touch, my mom made each of them earrings to match the orchids they carried and wore in their hair.
I personalized the CD covers with the flamingo design we've all come to know and love, and chose songs based on how I felt about the girls throughout the process of getting married (and it is a process!). The one that still makes me cry is "The Wind Beneath My Wings." Back in January, we all got together for a bridal party slumber party and ended up singing karaoke. We dedicated that song to ourselves and before you know it, there were actual live eagles flying all over my living room. We could hear them loud and clear: "Caw-caw! Caw-caw!"

During the reception, I dedicated that song to them and sure enough, the eagles returned. I'll never be able to listen to that song again without simultaneous laughter and tears.

No comments: